• These nutrients are required by plants in greater quantities than are other nutrients.
• These include nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), sulphur (S) and calcium (Ca).
• Plants require more N than any other nutrient, and pastures often respond well to N-containing fertilisers like urea during the growing season.
• Fortunately, clover and Lucerne plants can ‘fix’ N from the air, so clover-containing pastures require less N fertiliser than other pastures.
• Levels of the other major nutrients (P, K, S and Ca) can be assessed by soil testing.
• P is the most commonly-deficient nutrient in Hills & Fleurieu pastures, and levels can be improved by applying fertilisers like superphosphate and DAP.
• K is often deficient on sandy soils, or in paddocks regularly cut for hay. Levels can be improved by applying fertilisers containing muriate of potash.
• S deficiencies are less common, but again can be rectified with superphosphate fertilisers.
• These nutrients required by plants in only very small (or trace) amounts.
• These include copper (Cu), zinc (Zn), molybdenum (Mo), manganese (Mn) and cobalt (Co).
• Although less common than major nutrient deficiencies, Cu and Mo can commonly be lacking in Hills pastures.
Mt Compass Fertilisers
Fertilizers Adelaide Hills - Lime Adelaide Hills - Gypsum Adelaide Hills - Compost Adelaide Hills - Sand Adelaide Hills - Top dressing Adelaide Hills - Manure Adelaide Hills - Bulk Haulage Adelaide Hills - Fertilizers Fleurieu Peninsula - Lime Fleurieu Peninsula - Gypsum Fleurieu Peninsula - Compost Fleurieu Peninsula - Sand Fleurieu Peninsula - Top dressing Fleurieu Peninsula - Manure Fleurieu Peninsula - Bulk Haulage Fleurieu Peninsula - Fertilizers Mt Lofty Rangers - Lime Mt Lofty Rangers - Gypsum Mt Lofty Rangers - Compost Mt Lofty Rangers - Sand Mt Lofty Rangers - Top dressing Mt Lofty Rangers - Manure Mt Lofty Rangers - Bulk Haulage Mt Lofty Rangers
Call us on 1800 MCFERT
1800 623 378
Fleurieu Peninsula – Adelaide Hills, Mt Lofty Rangers